Taking the time to celebrate your workplace wins with employees is important. Your employees took the time to respond to the survey and share their feelings, in addition to bringing their best selves to work each day, and they deserve to feel part of the 'win'. It’s a great opportunity to pause and allow your whole team to take pride in the workplace you have built together.
Many companies ask us: “How can we use our Certification throughout the year, not just the initial announcement?”
Here are some fun ways we have seen other workplaces spread the love all year:
1. Blog about it Share your Certified status on your company blog and explain what getting Certified means to you. This is your chance to toot your own horn a little and spell out exactly what it means to join the Certified club.
2. Throw a virtual party Even though you may not be back in the office yet, there are lots of creative ways to celebrate from home. Host a virtual party with music, games and share employee shout-outs. (Bonus points for picking a theme and coordinating Zoom backgrounds!)
3. Treat your team to lunch or happy hour Show your people that you care by pausing work for a free lunch or happy hour. Salt-rimmed margarita? Yes, please. Order a cake, cupcakes, or cookies and decorate them with your Great Place to Work Certification badge. We’ve seen it all and they always look delicious.
4. Spread the word on social media Give your social media followers a behind-the-scenes look at your company celebration. Add photos of your office party to your Instagram Story. Make a nifty video for Facebook. Sign your posts with #GPTWcertified to join the national conversation.
5. Acknowledge your people Noticed someone making the workday a little brighter for their coworkers? Use this day as an opportunity to recognize employees across your company for helping create a great workplace. Tributes from managers are flattering, but peer recognition is even better. Organizing a Secret Santa-style matching system invites employees to think thoughtfully about how they recognize their colleagues. One-to-one appreciation also gives every employee time in the limelight.
6. Help your people give back With everything happening in the world, now is the opportune time to help others. Support employees’ benevolent streak by matching donations to charitable causes of their choice.
7. Reward your customers, too Pay the love forward to your clients or customers. Show them how important employee happiness is to you by giving away freebies or discounts on the day you become Certified. Run a hospitality business? Give everyone a free latte!
There are so many ways to celebrate the unique and amazing culture you've created. These ideas are just the tip of the iceberg. We can't wait to see the creative ways you celebrate your wins! Looking for more inspiration on how to celebrate? Download our full kit of ideas here!
You can also ask your teams to get involved in the celebration organisation! In the spirit of an inclusive culture, the celebration will be best when everyone builds the party together!
Download our ultimate guide on how to activate your Certification 👇
About Great Place to Work® Great Place to Work® is the Global Authority on Workplace Culture. We make it easy to survey your employees, uncover actionable insights and get recognized for your great company culture. Learn more about Great Place to Work Certification.